(MRIS, Dec. 31)–The following is important information regarding the SAFEMLS® Token versus your new password:
• The SAFEMLS® token provides the passwords for access to Matrix, Keystone and the MRIS Web Site.
• To retrieve the password, press and release the grey button found on the front of the token.
• The six alpha-numeric password appears in the display screen of the token. Something to remember there are no letter ‘O’, no letter ‘S’ no letter ‘B’ – they would be zero, five or eight the number.
• Type this password in the SAFEMLS® password box on the Secure Login section of the new screen.
• Once a password from the token is used (entered to login), that password can never be used again.
• If you do not login successfully at anytime, just repeat the authentication process – MRIS User ID/four digit PIN and a new password from the token. Usually this second try works. Just remember you cannot use a password more than once. Once a password is used, whether it successfully logs you in or not, it cannot be reused.
• The token contains over 16 million passwords, so don’t worry about using them up.
• You need to keep the token with you in order to obtain a password to access MRIS applications.
• Make sure your MRIS User ID is correct when completing the enrollment process.
• The token can be used immediately upon completing enrollment.
• We encourage you to use the Secure Login method right away to get used to the process. This transition period will last through the end of January.
• If you have not received a token yet, they are still being mailed to subscribers. The last mailing is due to be sent December 31, 2007.
• We expect that all tokens mailed in the last two weeks should arrive by January 7 accounting for the holiday mailing crunch.
• If your address on file with us has changed and you have a forwarding address, the tokens were mailed first class so it should get forwarded to you.
• If you have contacted us with an address change in the last two weeks, that information has been sent to the Token Replenishment Team to send a new token to your new address.
• If you moved and did not provide a forwarding address, the token will likely be refused at delivery as “addressee unknown” and returned to MRIS.
To comment on this article, click: Communications@mris.net