RISMEDIA, June 12, 2008-This week, HP kicked off a new era of calculators by introducing the HP Business Consultant calculator, which boasts a sleek, modern design, while continuing in the HP heritage of technical innovation and product performance.
To meet a broader range of customer needs, HP also introduced the HP OfficeCalc series, HP PrintCalc and HP Quick Calc calculators.
The HP Business Consultant is the first device based on the new HP calculator industrial design platform that unites style and usability to deliver visually distinct and meaningful elements across the company’s calculator lineup.
The new design platform includes user-friendly elements such as tapered side surfaces for a visually thinner aesthetic, a comfortable grip and a guide when slipping the calculator into a pocket. Raised edges provide added protection to the screen and keypad.
“With the HP Business Consultant, HP is redefining design and usability in the calculator market,” said Wing Kin Cheung, general manager, Calculator Division, HP. “Building on the cache of products such as the revolutionary HP-35 and the best-selling HP 12c Financial Calculator, we are re-imagining their iconic elements, making them relevant and aesthetically engaging to today’s users.”
Stylish, fast and easy-to-use HP Business Consultant
The modernly styled HP 20b Business Consultant is a financial calculator targeted for business, finance and real estate professionals as well as students.
As part of its functional design, the HP Business Consultant boasts an intuitive key layout with frequently used business functions such as TVM (Time Value of Money), depreciation, amortization, bonds and cash flows grouped together for easy access. It also offers dedicated keys for commonly used math functions.
In addition, beveled keys allow for easy visual separation of dual function labeling directly on the key, which leaves the faceplate free of text, contributing to the calculator’s clean, uncluttered look.
The HP Business Consultant also continues in the HP tradition of technical innovation and product quality. Feature highlights include:
– Two-line display allowing users to view up to 12 digits and scroll through variables, real-text labels, menus and prompts
– New high-speed, low-power CPU delivering fast, accurate results with up to 15-digit internal precision while extending battery life
– Choice of time-saving Reverse Polish Notation (RPN), hierarchical or traditional chain algebraic data entry
– Scroll keys permitting users to navigate through menu lists, variables and recent results
– More than 15 statistical analysis functions including eight statistical models, standard error and covariance
– Advanced math library including trigonometry and hyperbolic functions
– Easily configurable display format and language preferences
– In addition, the HP Business Consultant is the only financial calculator in its class with four advanced probability distributions: normal distribution, Chi-squared, student distribution and F-distribution.
– Environmentally responsible, user-friendly packaging
– Packaging for the new calculator portfolio offers more than a 50% reduction in source materials by weight and reduces carton space by more than 40%, according to the company. These design changes help reduce the company’s source material usage and fuel consumption associated with transportation.
– In addition, a new “clip and zip” feature makes the packages easy to open at home with common scissors.
Quick and easy-to-use calculating solutions
According to the company, HP’s expanded calculator portfolio delivers HP reliability in convenient, easy-to-use solutions. New calculators include:
– HP OfficeCalc series – Stylish desktop offerings for simple calculations at users’ desks or sales counters; ideal for office or retail workers who need to quickly and accurately calculate items such as mark-up percentages, sales totals and taxes
– HP PrintCalc – Ideal for small business owners that make quick calculations requiring receipts or documentation
– HP Quick Calc – Geared toward students and adults alike with a compact size that allows users to keep it handy for on-the-go calculations; available in fashionable colors and designed for quick and convenient access, it can attach to key chains and has magnetic backing to stick to refrigerators, file cabinets or any metal surface
Availability and pricing
The company says that the HP Business Consultant, HP OfficeCalc series, HP PrintCalc and HP Quick Calc are expected to be available this summer.
HP 20b Business Consultant – Available for an estimated retail price of $40 through HP Home and Home Office Store, HP Small and Medium Business Store (www.hp.com) and other select retailers.
HP OfficeCalc series – Available for an estimated starting price of $9.99.
HP PrintCalc – Available for an estimated starting price of $19.99.
HP Quick Calc – Available for an estimated starting price of $5.99.
For more information, visit www.hp.com.