I have always said, “Own your market, or someone else will.”
If you’d like your team to dominate your market, you need to leverage the entire team, and each member. As a team leader, one of the most important tasks you have is coaching agents to success. Not doing this can lead to frustration and (potentially) high turnover, not to mention missing your goals. This can push your agents to leave the business, or, worse, leave and join another team.
Business strategy coaching is one of the most attractive value propositions you can use to recruit agents to join your group. In doing this with your team, you will win more opportunities and grow your agents’ business, as well as the overall production and size of your team. Adopt these methods so that your team dominates your marketplace:
- Differentiate your team and brand. What makes your team the best choice? Why would someone choose your team, or one of your team members, over another? What exclusive tools make your service No. 1? How you communicate your differentiation is what sets you apart from other agents and teams. This will create a “value wedge” between you and your competition—one that you need to communicate through your brand. Everyone on your team should know the value wedge, and be able to express it clearly.
- Business plan with each member of your team. Writing a personal and financial business plan with each agent is one of the most proactive tasks you can do with them. Help them identify their income goals—how many houses they need to sell (and at what average sales price) to determine how many listings and sales they will need to reach their income goal. This plan should include maximizing their sphere of influence by incorporating their database into the team’s master database.
- Promote your team and each team member everywhere: online, print, billboards, social media, signage, etc. The teams that succeed the most and dominate their markets are visible everywhere, and their marketing message and branding is consistent and showcases each team member, and overpromotes their skills, successes, talents and expertise. Provide each with a web page and social channel that includes the team member’s photos and accomplishments with testimonials of happy buyers and sellers. This reinforces your quality and expands your brand, promoting both you and your agents as successful top performers.
- Have each team member give you their pipeline of leads every week. This is an excellent way to benchmark, challenge and motivate them. Review this list weekly with them and help them strategize how to convert these leads into appointments. They will be turning more leads into income, which will result in more signs and marketshare for your team.
- Have a powerhouse open house strategy for lead generation. Getting your team brand recognized in your market happens when you and your entire team are out every week interacting with potential buyers and sellers. Share your powerhouse open house strategy everywhere that you market your team’s services. More signs will bring more recognition, and when these open houses are correctly done, your team will convert leads at the opens into listings, buyers, sales and income. A powerhouse plan for weekend opens will set your team apart and have everyone maximizing Sunday as “real estate day.”
Implementing these leveraging strategies will radically differentiate yourself and your team’s services and attract more potential clients. Your branding of the entire team, as well as each team’s personal business plan, will drive success. Consistency is vital, and putting your name and your entire team photo, as well as promoting your team members, will have your brand dominating your market.
For a free copy of my exclusive “Maximizing Your Team’s Marketing on Social Media Guide,” click here!
Sherri Johnson is CEO and founder of Sherri Johnson Coaching & Consulting. With 20 years of experience in real estate, Johnson offers coaching, consulting and keynotes, and is a national speaker for the Homes.com Secrets of Top Selling Agents tour. For more information, please contact email@example.com or 844-989-2600 (toll-free) or visit www.sherrijohnson.com.