Howard Hanna Real Estate Services has released its results for the year ended December 31, 2018.
According to the firm, the nation’s 3rd largest real estate company closed a record 112,448 sales transactions in 2018, an increase of more than 15% over the year before, with closed sales volume of $23.6 billion, a 28% increase of more than $5.2 billion over the year prior.
Howard Hanna ancillary businesses results:
- Howard Hanna Mortgage Services ended 2018 with 11,134 closed transactions and closed volume of $1.9 billion, an increase of 6.3% in units and 13.2% in volume.
- Barristers Title and Escrow recorded 15,344 closed transactions in 2018 with closed volume of $3.1 billion, an increase of 63.6% in units and 84% in volume.
- Howard Hanna Insurance Services closed 24,157 policies in 2018 with a value of more than $4 billion, up 82% over the prior year.
“Our sixty-first year in business was remarkable thanks to the hard work and dedication of our agents and employees, and the market strength of our brand – the choice of home buyers and sellers across the states of Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, Michigan, West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina,” said Howard W. “Hoby” Hanna, IV, President of Real Estate Brokerage. “We continued our path of expansion and growth in 2018 and as a result, our business expanded to new heights. The partnership with the Allen Tate Company added more than 40 offices across North and South Carolina to our footprint. As the real estate business continues to be increasingly competitive, we are committed to our real estate and financial services professionals more than ever. We continue to be a market differentiator with programs such as our exclusive 100% Money Back Guarantee designed to give sellers and buyers confidence in the market knowing that Howard Hanna stands behind the value of the homes we sell.”
Howard Hanna’s digital presence continued to grow and advance in 2018, the firm stated. The company’s website, HowardHanna.com, saw a 63.5% increase in visits from 12.7M in 2017 to 20M visits in 2018. HowardHanna.com also brought in a record number of new visitors to the website resulting in an increase of 42% to almost nine million new visitors last year. “2018 has been a breakout year for Howard Hanna,” said Jennifer Reider, Howard Hanna Director of Digital Marketing. “We have implemented new digital solutions and new ways of reaching customers across all our markets. By implementing technological differentiators like Engage CRM, Open2Close, RealScout, and corporate-wide digital advertising campaigns, we’ve been able to gain market specific insights that allow us to pinpoint and target key audiences and find opportunities to communicate with our customers in the manner that meets their individual needs. We value the opportunity to be a part in our customer’s realization of the American dream of home ownership and look forward to supporting their journey for years to come.”
2018 mergers and acquisitions:
- Welles Bowen Realtors, Toledo and Northwest Ohio, 10 offices.
- Atlantic Coast Real Estate, Virginia Beach, VA.
- Century 21 Krall Real Estate, Lebanon, PA.
- Coldwell Banker Bainbridge Kaufman, Northwest Pennsylvania, 7 offices.
- Ferrara Jerum International, commercial broker, Rochester, NY.
- CMK & Associates, NY Capital Region, 6 offices.
For more information, visit www.howardhanna.com.