Cindy House-Mishko has long been a respected residential agent with Keller Williams Tri-Cities in Kennewick, Wash., but it was how she reacted in a hairy situation this past August that’s landed her name in headlines.
On a Monday afternoon in Kennewick, House-Mishko was driving down South Harris Street when she noticed a large fire in the backyard of a home she was passing. Little did she know, shortly before she had driven past the home, a propane tank had exploded and the gazebo sitting next to it was completely engulfed in flames.
Noticing how close the gazebo was to the home, House-Mishko reacted quickly, jumping out of her car and running to the home’s front door. "I ran and beat on the door. No one answered the door, so I went inside,” she says. “Thank goodness it was unlocked. The poor lady was in the shower and I told her to get out of the house; the house is on fire."
Thanks to her quick thinking, firefighters were quickly on the scene and were able to put the fire out swiftly. And aside from a minor foot injury, the homeowner and her animals got out safely. House-Mishko may be respected in her area for her skills as an agent, but for some time, most people will be referring to her first as a hero.