REGIONAL SPOTLIGHT—The RE/MAX of New England September Monthly Housing Report shows the region experienced an increase in home sales for the third consecutive month. It also shows year-over-year sales for the region are up 3.5%, which is an encouraging sign.
• In Connecticut, home sales ticked up +1.0% from September 2010, but the median price did see a slight dip, at -4.7%.
• In Maine, home sales were up +6.6% over September 2010, but the median price did see a slight dip, down -5.8%.
• Massachusetts was the only New England state to see a decline in sales compared to September 2010, at -2.1%. However, the Bay State experienced a +2.9% increase in median price.
• New Hampshire experienced a double digit increase in home sales compared to September 2010, up +10.4%.
• Rhode Island home sales were up 24.1% compared to September 2010. That was the largest year-over-year increase experienced by any New England state.
• Vermont was the only state in New England to experience a year-over-year increase in both units sold, +11.7% and median price, +6.4%.
RE/MAX of new England Executive Vice President Jay Hummer says he is pleased to see steady growth, both month-over-month and year-over-year.
For more information, visit www.remax-newengland.com.