National Association of REALTORSÂ® members now have access to an additional benefit through a new choice for creditâ€”an official REALTORÂ®Â credit card. The credit program, available to current and new members of the REALTORSÂ® Federal Credit Union, a division of Northwest Federal Credit Union, features cards with customized real estate-themed designs, exclusive REALTORÂ® branding options and competitive interest rates.
â€śThrough our partnership with the credit union, weâ€™re able to offer an extremely attractive option for meeting the personal and business needs of our members,â€ť says Bob Goldberg, NAR senior vice president for marketing and business development. â€śThis program removes barriers our members may face from other banking institutions when seeking credit. Weâ€™re also pleased our members have access to a credit card that is branded with the REALTORÂ® trademark, something unavailable anywhere else.â€ť
The credit card offers competitive features that make it a perfect choice for REALTORSÂ® and association staff and their families, including:
- Personal credit and business credit cards:Â The cards offer competitive rates, no annual fee, no balance transfer fees and no cash advance fees. ThroughÂ May 31, the credit union is running a balance transfer special. (Additional details can be found online atÂ www.REALTORSfcu.org).
- Customized design:Â REALTORÂ® can choose from a variety of design choices, including customized real estate-themed designs and RealtorÂ®Â branding options specifically for residential or commercial practitioners. Additional design options that represent real estate and homeownership are available for family members and non-member association staff.
- Imprinted message:Â The card includes options to include an imprinted tagline or title below the cardholderâ€™s name such as REALTORÂ®, Broker, Commercial Real Estate, Association Executive or Homeownership Matters.
- Rewards program:Â A full-featured rewards program allows cardholders to earn reward points for purchases and redeem for cash, travel, merchandise, event tickets, charity donations and more.
- Annual fee waiver:Â There is no annual fee for either the personal or business credit cardsâ€”a value of $85 on business (corporate) credit cards.
- Additional products:Â Secured credit cards are also available as part of the program.
â€śOur work with the credit union to offer this official REALTORÂ®Â credit card emphasizes NARâ€™s commitment to providing all members and association staff with the tools and resources to help them succeed in the real estate marketplace,â€ť said NAR past president Martin Edwards, Jr., who serves as a director and member representative on the Board of Directors for REALTORSÂ®Â Federal Credit Union. â€śWe are pleased to be able to offer to NAR members specializing in residential and commercial real estate, association staff and their family members a new choice in credit.â€ť
Chris McDonald, president and CEO of REALTORSÂ®Â Federal Credit Union said, â€śSince 2008, the REALTORÂ®Federal Credit Union has been providing banking services for NAR members, and we fully understand that real estate professionals come with a unique set of credit needs. We are excited to offer this new service to help RealtorsÂ®Â better manage their business and enhance their purchasing power.â€ť