Efficient, low waste-landscaping is high on homeowners’ priority lists this year, according to the American Society of Landscape Architects’ (ASLA) 2017 Residential Landscape Architecture Trends Survey, with landscape architects forecasting 10 trends:
- Adapted/Native Drought-Tolerant Plants
- Native Plants
- Low Maintenance-Landscape
- Food/Vegetable Garden
- Permeable Paving
- Reduced Lawn Area
- Fire Pit/Fireplace
- Drip/Water-Efficient Irrigation
- Internet/Wireless Connectivity
- Graywater/Rainwater Harvesting
Other in-demand features in 2017, per the survey, include arbors and pergolas, lighting and sport courts.
For the latest real estate news and trends, bookmark RISMedia.com.