How to Connect RISMedia’s ACESocial to Facebook (or LinkedIn, or Twitter)
In order for RISMedia’s ACESocial to post to Facebook (Or LinkedIn or Twitter) you must first create a connection from ACESocial to your Facebook (Or LinkedIn or Twitter) social media account. By the way, ACESocial is very secure. As you will see the connection process takes place on the social media sites themselves – RISMedia will never know your social media passwords.
NOTE: As of August 2018, RISMedia’s ACESocial, and auto-posting services similar to ACESocial, can no longer post to Facebook personal Profiles and may only post to Facebook Pages. If you do not already have a Facebook Page for your business you will need to create one. It is very easy to create a Facebook Page for your business and we have a separate ‘Help’ section on the benefits and instruction to help you create a page here.
If you already have a Facebook Page feel free to proceed with these steps.
- Gather your Facebook username and password. Need to be 100% sure you know your Facebook username and password. If needed test your username and password by logging in to Facebook.
- Now, please log out of your Facebook account. Example: Open a new tab in your browser go to https://facebook.com, and if you see your stuff – please click the downward triangle at the top right and click Log Out.
- Next, if not already, please login to your RISMedia ACE account at https://rismedia.com/ace-login
- From the left side ACE menu click “Settings”
- Click “Social Media Connections”
- If this is your first time here the Facebook icon is likely grayed out and says “Inactive”. Click the word “Facebook” to get started.
- Check the box to ‘Activate this account’ and then click “Continue”
- Select the days you would like ACESocial to automatically post for you. Click Continue (We will review how to preview and edit posts as well as which FB page in a moment.)
- The Facebook login screen will appear enter your Facebook username and password.
- Say “OK” or “Yes” to any Facebook prompts asking to give ACE permission to post on your behalf.
- You will be returned to ACESocial where you can select the Facebook Page(s) that you are associated with as “Admin” or “Editor”. Select the pages that you’d like to post to.
Repeat these steps for LinkedIn and Twitter.