RISMEDIA, July 18, 2007—The right kind of packing can effectively organize residential moves and help ensure that items safely reach their destinations. Gleaned from 30 years of household moving experience, these important packing tips will make the moving process more efficient while reducing truck space requirements.
“Whether one has never moved or moved a dozen times, it can be a daunting task,” says Joe Magill, general manager for American Relocation & Logistics. “We posted this list of tips and other information on our Web site, so people can benefit from our experience.”
For an easier household moving experience, Magill says to:
1. Put all of your valuables, prescriptions and travel documents in one container the day before the packers and movers arrive and keep it with you for easy access.
2. Avoid making travel arrangements or scheduling appointments on your moving day. Also, it is best to travel the day after your shipment loads and to be available during packing, loading and delivery in case questions or concerns arise.
3. Before you disconnect your phone service, make sure your driver and your move coordinator know how to reach you while your move is taking place. Also, provide the movers with your cellular phone number.
4. Consider buying professional moving boxes if you are doing your own packing. They are made to fit in a mover’s truck, so they stack better and save space.
5. Mark a “last on, first off” box so it is noticeable and pack it with items you will need as soon as you get to your destination (coffee and coffee maker, paper cups and plates, paper towels and toilet paper are some suggestions).
For more information, visit http://www.american-moving.com/.
Copyright© 2016 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com