Besides the costs related to making repairs and improving the overall appearance of the home, as the seller you will also need to pay the following:
• A real estate commission, if you use an agency to sell.
• Advertising costs, marketing materials, and other fees if you sell the home yourself.
• Attorney, closing, or other professional fees.
• Title insurance
• Excise tax for the sale.
• Prorated costs for your share of annual expenses, such as property taxes, homeowner association fees, and fuel tank rentals.
• Any other fees normally paid by sellers in your area, including points, survey, and appraisal fees.
To get a better handle on all costs, ask a real estate agent. Agents deal with this information daily and can give you a pretty good estimate of the closing costs you can expect to pay.
Copyright© 2013 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.