Besides the costs related to making repairs and improving the overall appearance of the home, as the seller you will also need to pay the following:
• A real estate commission, if you use an agency to sell.
• Advertising costs, marketing materials, and other fees if you sell the home yourself.
• Attorney, closing, or other professional fees.
• Title insurance
• Excise tax for the sale.
• Prorated costs for your share of annual expenses, such as property taxes, homeowner association fees, and fuel tank rentals.
• Any other fees normally paid by sellers in your area, including points, survey, and appraisal fees.
To get a better handle on all costs, ask a real estate agent. Agents deal with this information daily and can give you a pretty good estimate of the closing costs you can expect to pay.
Copyright© 2013 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com