RISMEDIA, March 15, 2007-During a special presentation at the CENTURY 21 International Convention 2007 at the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas, Easter Seals announced that 2006 contributions made by members of the Century 21 System exceeded $5.2 million. Since 1979, the Century 21 System has raised more than $91 million on behalf of Easter Seals and stands as the organization's all-time leading contributor.
"Easter Seals is incredibly thankful for its longstanding relationship with the Century 21 System and we look forward to continuing to make positive differences in the lives of people with disabilities," said James E. Williams, Jr., president and chief executive officer, Easter Seals.
During the presentation, Easter Seals honored the top Easter Seals fund-raisers in the Century 21 franchise network for 2006. In addition, the top fund-raising companies in each of the 27 Century 21 System national regions were also recognized.
"In typical fashion, the Century 21 System succeeded once again in delivering on a promise that this brand made to the Easter Seals organization nearly 30 years ago," said Thomas R. Kunz, president and CEO of Century 21 Real Estate LLC. "The strength of the Century 21 System truly resides in the commitment and determination of its individual members and it is an honor to recognize their tremendous fundraising efforts."
Century 21 Town and Country, headquartered in Rochester, Michigan, was the top Century 21 System Easter Seals contributor, a distinction that the company has held for each of the past 12 consecutive years. Led by broker/owner John Kersten, the company raised more than $829,000 for Easter Seals Michigan.
Century 21 Metro Alliance, headquartered in Phoenix, raised an impressive $660,000 for their local Easter Seals chapters in 2006. With 20 offices in Arizona and 10 offices in Colorado, Century 21 Metro Alliance conducted a major fund-raising and awareness walk-a-thon event for Easter Seals along with a charitable golf event.
In 2006, Century 21 Alliance, based in Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania, raised nearly $159,000 for Easter Seals Southeastern Pennsylvania. The 17-office company held more than 20 fund-raising events throughout the community including a luxury car raffle, golf outing and participation in the local Easter Seals Walk With Me event.
Joining Century 21 Town & Country, Century 21 Metro Alliance and Century 21 Alliance on the list of the top Century 21(R) System Easter Seals contributors in 2006 are:
– Century 21 Old Richmond Realty, Richmond, Va.
– Century 21 Judge Fite Company, Arlington, Texas
– Century 21 Red River Realty, Grand Forks, N.D.
– Century 21 Reynolds Realty Co., Brandon, Fla.
– Century 21 Conexus Realty Ltd., Regina, SK, Canada
– Century 21 Alliance, Mount Laurel, N.J.
– Century 21 Award, San Diego, Calif.
– Century 21 Wright, Temecula, Calif.
– Century 21 A.L.L. Stars Realty Ltd., Edmonton, AB, Canada
– Century 21 Access America, Wethersfield, Conn.
– Century 21 AAA Realty, Inc., Cooper City, Fla.
– Century 21 Yarrow & Associates Realtors, Lancaster, Calif.
– Century 21 Diablo Valley Realty, Concord, Calif.
– Century 21 Worldwide, Southlake, Texas
– Century 21 Lad Realty, Aptos, Calif.
– Century 21 Sweyer & Associates, Wilmington, N.C.
– Century 21 Alliance, Santa Rosa, Calif.
– Century 21 United Realty Inc., Peterborough, ON, Canada
– Century 21 Seller's Choice, St. John's, NL, Canada