RISMEDIA, May 13, 2008-(MCT)-800-CEO-READ, a direct supplier of book-based resources, compiles a monthly list of best-selling business books based on purchases by its corporate customers nationwide. Here are the best sellers for April 2008, plus descriptions of the Top 10.
1. “How: Why How We Do Anything Means Everything … in Business” by Dov L. Seidman; Wiley
Sustainable advantage and enduring success-for both companies and the people who work for them-now lie in the realm of how, the new frontier of conduct.
2. “Earth: The Sequel: The Race to Reinvent Energy and Stop Global Warming” by Fred Krupp and Miriam Horn; W.W. Norton
Bold innovators and investors are reinventing energy and the ways we use it, and are poised to remake the world’s biggest business and save the planet-if America’s political leaders give them a fair chance to compete
3. “Rich Dad’s Prophecy: Why The Biggest Stock Market Crash in History is Still Coming … and How You Can Prepare Yourself and Profit From It!” by Robert T. Kiyosaki and Sharon L. Lechter; Business Plus
A financial plan to help baby boomers survive an impending economic crash.
4. “We Are Smarter Than Me: How to Unleash the Power of Crowds in Your Business” by Barry Libert, Jon Spector and Don Tapscott; Wharton School Publishing
Discover exactly how to use social networking and community in your business, driving better decision-making and greater profitability.
5. “The Granularity of Growth: How to Identify the Sources of Growth and Drive Enduring Company Performance” by Patrick Viguerie, Sven Smit and Mehrdad Baghai; Wiley
Reveals why growth is so important, what enables certain companies to grow, and how to ensure that growth comes from multiple sources as you take both a broad and a granular view of your markets.
6. “Judgment: How Winning Leaders Make Great Calls” by Noel M. Tichy and Warren G. Bennis; Portfolio
Noel Tichy and Warren Bennis show how to recognize the critical moment before a judgment call, when swift and decisive action is essential, and also how to execute a decision after the call.
7. “Creating Success from the Inside Out: Develop the Focus and Strategy to Uncover the Life You Want” by Ephren W. Taylor; Wiley
Shares the inspiring and motivational story of Ephren Taylor, one of the world’s youngest-ever CEOs of a publicly traded company.
8. “Wins, Losses and Lessons: An Autobiography” by Lou Holtz; HarperCollins
Lou Holtz gives his best-a poignant, funny, and instructive look into a life well lived.
9. “No: The Only Negotiating System You Need for Work and Home” by Jim Camp; Crown Business
The world’s No. 1 negotiating coach shows how to release the emotional pressure that’s part of any negotiation by using his proven system of safe, decision-based negotiation that enables you to meet all your objectives.
10. “Groundswell: Winning in a World Transformed by Social Technologies” by Charlene Li and Josh Bernoff; Harvard Business School Press.
“Groundswell” provides practical advice on how to stay nimble and flexible in an ever-morphing digital world.
11. “Jack: Straight from the Gut” by Jack Welch with John A. Bryne; Business Plus
12. “Release Your Brilliance: The 4 Steps to Transforming Your Life and Revealing Your Genius to the World” by Simon T. Bailey; Collins
13. “Authenticity: What Consumers Really Want” by James H. Gilmore and B. Joseph, II Pine; Harvard Business School Press
14. “Tribal Leadership: Leveraging Natural Groups to Build a Thriving Organization” by Dave Logan, John King and Halee Fischer-Wright; Collins
15. “Rules to Break and Laws to Follow: How Your Business Can Beat the Crisis of Short-Termism” by Don Peppers and Martha Rogers; Wiley
16. “No Man’s Land: What to Do When Your Company Is Too Big to Be Small But Too Small to Be Big” by Doug Tatum; Portfolio
17. “Peak: How Great Companies Get Their Mojo from Maslow” by Chip Conley; Jossey-Bass
18. “Extraordinary Circumstances: The Journey of a Corporate Whistleblower” by Cynthia Cooper; Wiley
19. “Real You Incorporated: 8 Essentials for Women Entrepreneurs” by Kaira Sturdivant Rouda; Wiley
20. “Mass Career Customization: Aligning the Workplace With Today’s Nontraditional Workforce” by Cathleen Benko and Anne Weisberg; Harvard Business School Press
21. “For One More Day” by Mitch Albom; Hyperion
22. “Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make Competition Irrelevant” by W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne; Harvard Business School Press
23. “Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything” by Don Tapscott, Anthony D. Williams; Portfolio
24. “Come On People: On the Path from Victims to Victors” by Bill Cosby and Alvin F. Poussaint; Thomas Nelson
25. “Awakening the Entrepreneur Within: How Ordinary People Can Create Extraordinary Companies” by Michael E. Gerber; Collins.
800-CEO-READ, a direct supplier of business books and other knowledge resources for businesses and organizations nationwide, is a division of Milwaukee-based Harry W. Schwartz Bookshops.
© 2008, McClatchy-Tribune Information Services.
Copyright© 2016 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com