By Chris McNamara
RISMEDIA, July 1, 2008-(MCT)-After reading “Stimulated! How to Spark Your Creative Genius at Work”, it was evident that the married authors believe that creativity isn’t a luxury, it’s a survival skill. But even the most creative people can find themselves stymied by the demands of their careers. Here the authors offer habits to spark creativity and reignite passion for work.
1. Bored? Change! “Even small changes to your everyday routine will give you a burst of freshness … and resolve to take on the challenges ahead.”
2. Spark moments, those sudden rushes of inspiration, must be followed by conscious reflection and directed action in order to develop them. Sparks have to start fires.
3. Enrich Your Field. “As important as it is to be really absorbed in a particular topic, it is equally important to consider stimulus, data, and information from diverse sources to enrich your field of observation. Creative ideas are never generated through homogeneous sources.”
4. Allow yourself to daydream. Far from being a waste of time, daydreaming helps us relax, manage conflict, boost creativity and achieve goals. Similarly, physical play will boost creativity, prompting us to be more aware of stimuli.
5. Passion fuels success. “The way to get stimulus into your life and yield more stimulating outcomes is to express passion in everything you do.”
“Stimulated! How to Spark Your Creative Genius at Work” was written by Andrew Pek and Jeannine McGlade (Greenleaf Book Group Press, $21.95).
© 2008, Chicago Tribune.
Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services.
Copyright© 2015 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com