RISMEDIA, July 21, 2008-Simon Payn, of Ready to Go Newsletters, says it is strong relationships with past clients and their farm that is seeing the smartest Realtors though the housing crisis in the United States.
“While some of my American real estate clients have left the industry, many more are coming to me to begin a real estate newsletter program in order to build relationships with their clients and farm,” says Payn.
Payn says there are 6 keys to building strong relationships with clients:
1) Have an “of-service mentality”. Take time to consider the needs of clients and become their trusted adviser rather that someone hungry for a commission.
2) Consider the relationship long-term. People make several housing transactions over their lifetimes, so it pays to maintain a relationship over years — and decades. Invest now to build a relationship that will pay off many times in the future.
3) Become a trusted expert. Differentiate yourself by proving you are knowledgeable about the local market. (Of course, you are knowledgeable, but how far do you go to actually demonstrate that to clients?)
4) Invest time now to build your farm by reaching out using relationship-building materials that cement your position as a trusted adviser to clients.
5) Communicate with clients and your farm on a regular basis. Without an investment in communication, business relationships (just like friendships) die.
6) Develop a Unique Selling Position. Decide what makes you different from every other Realtor in your market. For example, one of Payn’s clients is the pet-friendly Realtor, another specializes in luxury properties.
For more information, visit http://www.readytogonewsletters.com.
Copyright© 2013 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com