By Jacqui Markowitz
RISMEDIA, May 21, 2009-Today is my “I can do anything” day. I think that we could all do with one of those days where we maintain that anything is possible. Today I am going to stash all the stuff that I have been carrying around with me into one big suitcase and send it off on its own journey, one that has nothing to do with me. That’s right; I am sending my issues packing, so to speak.
I am going to be taking a holiday with no excess baggage. Remember the game we used to play with our children on road trips? I’m going on vacation and in my suitcase I will bring…. And then each person in turn had to say an item and when it was your turn you had to say what everyone else had said as well as add a new one.
Well, here’s a new twist on that game. I’m taking a vacation and I’m travelling light. I’m taking a holiday from all the issues and “stuff” that I have been carting around with me. I am filling up my suitcase and then I’m going to lock it up and send it away, far away.
In my suitcase I will put:
1. Everybody else’s problems.
2. The chocolate chips that I buy for cookies and end up eating as snacks.
3. Time. Specifically my lack of it. The whole ‘no time for me’ scenario is being tossed in the suitcase.
4. The reasons. No not the old song by Earth, Wind and Fire! I’m talking about all the reasons, the excuses that I can think of why I am continually putting my needs on the back burner and putting my life on hold.
5. My fat jeans. Maybe I will burn those instead.
6. My excess 10 pounds can also go in to the suitcase.
7. The thoughts that I have that stand in the way of my success. The thoughts that sabotage my efforts. You know those thoughts that crop up, and seep into your mind in their attempt to keep you down. Done, over, good riddance.
10. Feeling tired all the time.
As I reflect on this list I can see that my body image is tied in with the way I feel about everything. So, the first thing I chose to do is to get rid of those 10 pounds with the knowledge that as I do, I will allow the other pieces of my life to fall into place as well. I know that my body image is something that is weighing me down, (pun very much intended), and my goal is to lighten up my life, to have fun, and pursue my dreams. As we all know, when we take care of ourselves, it allows us to truly serve the well being of others. So, right now, it’s all about me!
What are you carrying around in your life that you would like to pack up and send away in your suitcase?
Follow my journey on our blog at http://blog.frameofmindcoaching.com.
Jacqui Markowitz is the Director of Communications for Frame of Mind Coaching. Contact her at Jacqui@frameofmindcoaching.com for more details.
Copyright© 2011 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com