RISMEDIA, July 9, 2009-RE/MAX International, Inc. announced today that it has added over 200 franchises to its global network in the first half of 2009. Despite a tough economy, RE/MAX has not only added franchises, but has created a presence in four new countries so far this year: Bahamas, Brazil, India and Jamaica.
“We credit a lot of our success today to conversions – competing brokerages converting over to the RE/MAX network because of our strong value proposition,” said Dave Liniger, Chairman and Co-founder of RE/MAX International. “Broker/Owners and Sales Associates realize that in today’s market, training and education, such as that provided by RE/MAX University, are more valuable than ever. By aligning with the RE/MAX brand, these former competitors know they are joining a network of nearly 100,000 Sales Associates worldwide, and a nationally-recognized brand with more than 36 years of success behind it. We’re thrilled to have each and every one of them working with us.”
In recent months, RE/MAX has seen a number of agents and brokerages join the network all across North America:
- Scott Dobrin Realty joined forces with RE/MAX Metro in Staten Island, NY. Dobrin, former owner of the largest Exit Realty office in New York, brings nearly 40 Sales Associates to RE/MAX with him.
- Century 21 Wittney Estates in Massapequa, NY is now RE/MAX Wittney Estates, led by Broker/Owners Richard and Beth Witt. This office brings with it more than 50 Sales Associates.
- Deerbrook 1st Windsor County Realty in Ontario was acquired by RE/MAX Preferred Realty. Broker/Owner Glen Muir says the addition of the new office boosts his firm’s market share to approximately 50%. Muir now has five offices and nearly 120 Sales Associates.
- A two-office Vancouver, BC brokerage with more than 180 Sales Associates – converted to RE/MAX. Bjorn Soolsma and Deborah Stevens are the Co-Broker/Owners of the newly renamed RE/MAX Results.
- Prestige Real Estate Group, a major independent real estate brokerage in Denver with 250 agents, merged with RE/MAX Professionals, creating the third-largest real estate firm in Colorado.
- Two top-performing Keller Williams teams in the Dallas-Fort Worth area have jumped to RE/MAX, opening a new office. Broker/Owners Tim Nystrom and Larry and Laurie Wall have opened RE/MAX Heritage in Keller, TX.
“Clearly, successful agents are choosing to align with a company that knows how to perform in any real estate market,” said Liniger. “RE/MAX is equipped to withstand the market conditions we are facing today, and there’s no stopping our tremendous momentum.”
RE/MAX Associates have taken the current real estate market by storm. Over 5,000 Sales Associates have received the Certified Distressed Property Expert designation, positioning themselves as foreclosure and Short Sale experts. Recently, a RE/MAX sales team was the highest-ranked real estate team, and RE/MAX teams overall held six of the top 11 spots in the prestigious Wall Street Journal-LORE Magazine Top 400 ranking. In the category of closed transactions by individual agents, RE/MAX Sales Associates captured three of the top 10 positions.
The performance of RE/MAX Sales Associates has also been recognized in other recent surveys. In the “RISMedia Power Broker Survey,” RE/MAX Sales Associates were also ranked the highest of all national real estate franchises, averaging about 12 transactions each, nearly 33% higher than the next ranked competitor.
For more information please visit www.remax.com.
Copyright© 2014 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com