RISMEDIA, November 18, 2009—Travelers are always looking for ways to save money, whether they are jet setting around the world or just down the road. Travel website Getaroom.com gives travelers the opportunity to find some of the lowest priced hotel rooms on the Web. “Giving travelers the best value for their travel dollars is key to what getaroom.com stands for,” said Bob Diener, president and co-founder of getaroom.com.
Diener, a travel expert and frequent guest on radio shows across the country, shares his insider knowledge of the travel industry with consumers to help them save money every time they travel.
1. Book the Short Sale. Travel companies including airlines, hotels and even cruise lines are offering travelers deals for a “limited” time. They will put rooms or cities on sale for short periods of time ranging from just a few hours to three days. According to Diener, “While these sales are used to encourage bookings, they can save travelers hundreds of dollars.”
2. Book Now. Rates in many destinations such as New York, Miami, Boston and Washington DC are going up. Unlike last year when travelers were able to wait till the last minute to book the lowest rates on accommodations, this year, rates are getting higher closer to check-in. If you know your travel dates, book in advance to lock in the best rates.
3. Bargain Destinations. “Let the destination pick you.” Diener recommends travelers search out a destination based on cost instead of picking the destination first. For example, instead of planning a Hawaiian vacation, focus on a trip to a beach. Then research several beach destinations and select the one that best fits your budget.
4. Let Your Fingers Do the Walking. Oftentimes by phoning a hotel directly rather than booking via a hotel website, travelers can save money. If demand is low the manager may be willing to offer a break in the rate to entice bookings. Additionally, getaroom.com offers travelers lower unpublished rates via its call center (1-800-HOTELS-8) that it cannot post on its website.
5. Join a Group. Being a member of certain groups can get travelers reduced hotel rates including AAA and AARP. Frequent travelers should take advantage of airline and hotel loyalty programs. They can provide travelers with free airfare and hotel rooms, as well as other free perks including upgrades, free breakfasts and more.
6. Twitter. Follow your favorite travel companies on Twitter and save. Companies like Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines and getaroom.com have offered special deals via the popular social networking site – the key is to check Twitter often as these deals are for limited periods of time.
7. All the Best Things in Life Are Free. From free room nights to free in-room movies, travelers can get all kinds of money-saving deals. Many properties offer free-night stays when booking a minimum number of room nights. “Once you decide on your destination, shop around for the hotels that are offering the best rates, as well as the most free perks as these items can substantially add to your hotel stay,” advised Diener.
For more information, visit www.Getaroom.com.
Copyright© 2014 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com