RISMEDIA, June 17, 2010—According to a recent survey by ZipRealty, there are some fairly distinctive “must-haves” and “deal-breakers” for home buyers in the current market. For sellers trying to compete in this tough housing market, these findings can help emphasize some of the best features in their home to highlight in a listing to appeal to the greatest number of buyers.
Top 5 Things to Highlight in Your:
1. Parking (if you have it) – This is the most highly rated feature and the lack of parking is an eliminating factor for homeseekers, so if you have parking, be sure to prominently communicate that and even show photos of the garage.
2. Master Suite – As the number one “must have” for both men and women buyers, master suites are very appealing to buyers, so be sure to take photos that show the en suite bathroom and mention the master in the MLS description.
3. Your yard (if you have one) – A “small yard” is the third most common reason to rule out a possible home according to the survey, so if the house has a yard, be sure to show it in the photos and highlight it in the listing.
4. Location on a quiet street - It’s often hard to tell from an online listing whether a house is on a busy thoroughfare (dealbreaker for many) or a quiet cul-de-sac (big wish list for families). Be sure to mention this if it is indeed an asset.
5. Guest room – Guest rooms were the third most highly rated feature for buyers according to the survey, and too many listings show only the master.
For more information, visit www.ziprealty.com.
Copyright© 2015 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com