By Chris Bibey
RISMEDIA, November 18, 2010—Are you worried that your direct mail campaign is stalling? Even though changes may be in store, you are probably closer to success than you ever imagined possible. By following the five tips below, you can save your direct mail campaign from disaster, and subsequently use this marketing strategy to increase sales and profits.
1. Be consistent. As a real estate agent, you should realize how important it is to be consistent with your marketing efforts. Direct mail is not something you should use one month, forget about the next, and consider again in the future. Instead, get on a schedule, regardless of what type of mail you are sending, and stick to it.
2. Hire a professional. Even though you may enjoy doing some things on your own, when it comes to marketing your services with direct mail, it is essential that you hire professional assistance. This is a good idea for two reasons: 1. A professional can customize a campaign to suit your exact needs based on their past experience and success. 2. Your job is to help people buy and sell homes. The less time you spend on marketing related tasks, the more time you have for client interaction.
3. Think outside the box. Every day, consumers across the country receive loads of junk mail. If you don’t do something to stand out, your mail has a very good chance of getting lost in the shuffle. Maybe you should send a sales letter or brochure if other agents in your area are only utilizing post cards. Or maybe you should opt for a post card that is unique in its design and presentation. No matter what, it is important that your direct mail stands out.
4. Stay organized. Your marketing efforts need to be well organized, regardless of who is in charge and how many pieces you are sending. Do you know where your mailing list is located? Do you know which people on your list are past customers and which ones are prospects? Organization goes together hand-in-hand with tip number one above. When you are organized it is much easier to be consistent with your strategy.
5. Track your results. Are you getting better results from post cards or sales letters? How much money are you spending on each campaign? Are you losing money, breaking even, or coming out on top? These are the types of questions that you should be able to answer. Once you know which type of campaign is working best, you can then focus your time and money in the right place.
By implementing these five tips, you should notice an improvement in the overall success and efficiency of your direct mail strategy.
Chris Bibey is the owner of MailMarlin.com, a company that manages direct mail sales letter campaigns for real estate agents.
Copyright© 2015 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com