By Bob Goldberg
RISMedia, May 23 2011—“What do I get for my dues dollars?” is a common question asked from agents to brokers. The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®’ (NAR) annual Member Guide answers this question and many more about the value of REALTOR® membership.
NAR created, printed and mailed a customized Member Guide beginning in 2000. The Member Guide broke new ground because it was the first time NAR provided members with a comprehensive resource about their REALTOR® membership. The Guide included a membership card personalized with a member’s name and NRDS number, as well as member benefits and customized messages from each member’s primary local and state REALTOR® Associations.
Debuting this May, the Member Guide is moving from print-and-mail to a user-friendly digital format. The goal of the Guide remains the same: deliver an efficient, personalized experience, which defines core membership value.
The Member Guide will keep the features that made the printed Guide invaluable to members and brokers, while adding exciting new features that include:
• Customized—Members will see customized information based on their NRDS ID and can access a customizable, digital membership card for display on their smartphone. The custom card can be printed directly from a computer, and a high-quality plastic card will also be available for a nominal charge.
• Real Time—The Guide will have up-to-the-minute member benefits information and news from local, state and national Associations.
• Comprehensive and Accessible—Benefits information from all three levels of the REALTOR® organization will be available in the Web-based Guide, wherever and whenever a member needs it.
• Mobile—Free iPhone and iPad apps will be available.
• Quick Reference—At-a-glance benefits information links to REALTOR.org, NAR’s member website, for more information.
Working together, we best and most efficiently communicate to members—in one voice and on multiple platforms—all the benefits of membership and showcase the strength of the REALTOR® organization.
Bob Goldberg is the senior vice president, Marketing, Business Development, Commercial Services & Business Specialties for the National Association of REALTORS®.
Copyright© 2015 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com