By Rich Levin
Real estate agents are people, too. You have personal lives. You have emotional ups and downs in addition to financial ups and downs. Following my system of 16 steps, the first five of which are outlined in Part 1, will ensure that your 2012 business plan works for your business and your life.
Most of the steps in this plan can be completed in 15 minutes or less. It is important to complete each step before moving on to the next. Spend no more than 60 minutes at a time with these business-planning steps. Complete this plan in a series of brief planning sessions over at least 30 days. This allows for your creativity and insight to rise and anxiety to fall.
If you finish this simple planning process before the beginning of 2012 you will have your best year ever (or best for a long time). If it is not possible to complete this plan before the year’s end, then complete it over the next 30 days.
It is not the work that is hard. It is the self-discipline; which starts with beginning you work on this business plan, today.
The Steps, Part 1
1. Make a list of your Dream Priorities in every aspect of your life.
2. Write your answer to this question: “What do you want your real estate career to do for your life in 2012?
a. Why do you want that? Why is that important to you?
b. Who else will benefit? How will they benefit? Why is that important to you?
3. Choose one of those dream priorities from 1 above and break it down. Write what you would like to accomplish in that area by the end of each month in the next year, January through December. Do this quickly. You can improve it later.
4. Answer this question: What are your three greatest strengths that will contribute to your success in 2012? How will each contribute to your success by the end of 2012?
5. What are three to five of your real estate or business skills that need the most improvement? That is, they are costing you money, now and by improving them your production will increase.
Rich Levin is a real estate coach and productivity expert.
For more information, visit www.RichLevin.com.
Copyright© 2013 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com