By Maria Patterson
The polls are closed and the tally is on to rank the leading brokerage firms for 2012. Receiving its largest response ever, RISMedia’s 25th Annual Power Broker Survey will yield a record-breaking listing of real estate’s top brokerage firms in the forthcoming 2013 Power Broker Report, sponsored by Move, Inc., HSA Home Warranty, Homes.com and Leading Real Estate Companies of the World®. While being included in the Power Broker Report is a prestigious honor, a firm’s ranking can also serve as an important business-building tool. Here are five strategies for maximizing your presence in the Power Broker Report:
1. Prepare a press release announcing your firm’s presence in this national ranking of top real estate companies. RISMedia’s Annual Power Broker Report ranks firms across the country by closed transactions and sales volume for 2012. All firms that completed a minimum of 500 transactions in 2012 were eligible to complete the survey. Inclusion in this “who’s who” of the real estate industry provides firms with elite distinction within their respective marketplaces, so spread the news to all local media, as well as national media when applicable. Be sure to emphasize to media contacts that your firm’s broker is available for comments and interviews about the local and national real estate market.
2. Share the news with prospects and clients. Be sure to make your inclusion in the Power Broker Report part of all prospect meetings and listing presentations, as it provides critical competitive differentiation. Your presence in the ranking gives your firm tremendous credibility, which goes a long way with today’s savvy, more discerning consumers.
3. Put social media to work. Your ranking in the report is great news to share through all your social media outlets. The first 500 firms will appear in a special section of the April issue of Real Estate magazine, both print and digital versions. Share the links to our April issue – available starting April 1 at rismedia.com – on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, et al.
4. Use the Power Broker Report publication in recruiting efforts. Your presence in the Power Broker Report sets your firm apart for prospective recruits. In addition to the partial ranking in the April issue of Real Estate magazine, RISMedia will publish the full ranking of approximately 1,000 firms in a separate Power Broker Report publication, available this May. This impressive publication serves as an impactful tool during agent interviews and can be used to lure top agents from competing firms. It’s also just as important to share the news with all current agents and employees—make sure they know their firm has received this important distinction. Watch for details on ordering the 2013 Power Broker Report at rismedia.com.
5. Take advantage of unparalleled networking. Your firm’s presence in the 2013 Power Broker Report earns you an invitation to one of the most prestigious real estate networking events of the year, RISMedia’s Power Broker Reception & Dinner. The Power Broker Dinner is designed to honor all Power Brokers and provides them the chance to socialize and network with their peers from around the country. This year’s Power Broker Reception & Dinner will be held during the Annual REALTORS® Conference & Expo in San Francisco, the evening of Friday, Nov. 8. Watch for your invitation this fall.
Launching these few simple strategies ensures that your place in RISMedia’s Annual Power Broker Report is not just an honor, but a means to growing your firm and ensuring its future success.