Attention from foreign consumers searching U.S. properties increased for Miami in March, according to the 26,000-member MIAMI Association of REALTORS® (MIAMI).
South Florida, the top area in the nation for international real estate buyers, remains the focus of consumers from a diverse group of nations.
Miami Top Market for Foreign Consumers
In March, Miami ranked second only to Los Angeles among the top 10 overall most searched U.S. cities by non-U.S. consumers throughout the month of March 2013.
Miami moved up from fourth place in earlier rankings. Fort Lauderdale ranks eighth. If the Miami-Fort Lauderdale market were combined, the ranking would be even higher.
1. Los Angeles, Calif.
2. Miami, Fla.
3. Las Vegas, Nev.
4. Orlando, Fla.
5. Detroit, Mich.
6. Houston, Texas
7. New York, N.Y.
8. Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
9. San Diego, Calif.
10. Chicago, Ill.
“These results reflect the strong demand from foreign buyers and investors that exists for Miami properties,” says 2013 Chairman of the Board of the MIAMI Association of REALTORS® Natascha Tello. “It is interesting to see countries like India and Germany ranking among the top markets looking to buy or invest in Miami and South Florida. The Miami real estate market remains a mecca of global activity, differentiating us form the rest of the U.S. and fueling our vibrant real estate market.”
Nationally, the Miami-Fort Lauderdale area is consistently one of the top markets for most of the highest ranking countries searching for property in the U.S. According to Realtor.com®, the top countries (outside the U.S.) where global consumers were most engaged on Realtor.com® & Realtor.com® International in March 2013 were:
• *Canada: Las Vegas, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Detroit, Naples
• *U.K.: Los Angeles, Orlando, Miami, Houston, Las Vegas
• *Germany: San Antonio, Los Angeles, Cape Coral, Miami, Las Vegas
• Australia: New York, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Houston, Detroit,
• Japan: San Diego, Alpharetta, Las Vegas, San Diego, San Antonio
• Mexico: San Diego, El Paso, Laredo, San Antonio, Las Vegas
• India: Los Angeles, Orlando, Chicago, Dallas, Houston
• *Brazil: Orlando, Miami, Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Miami Beach
• China: Detroit, Los Angeles, Irvine, Las Vegas, Orlando
• *France: Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, Miami Beach, San Diego
• *Russian Federation: Los Angeles, Miami, Orlando, New York, Detroit
• South Korea: Las Vegas, Irvine, Los Angeles, San Antonio, Columbus
• *Italy: Miami, Los Angeles, Miami Beach, New York, San Diego
• *Netherlands: Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Houston, Las Vegas
• *Switzerland: Miami, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Diego, Raleigh
• *Spain: Miami, Los Angeles, New York, Las Vegas, San Diego
• *Ireland: Los Angeles, New York, Orlando, Chicago, Miami
• *Sweden: Los Angeles, Detroit, Parkland (FL), Miami, Fort Lauderdale
• *Belgium: Los Angeles, Miami, Las Vegas, Naperville (IL), Orlando
• Philippines: Las Vegas, Saint Paul (MN), Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Henderson (NV)
*Country with Miami or Fort Lauderdale as top searches.
For more information, visit http://www.miamire.com/international/resources.
Copyright© 2013 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com