• Provide comprehensive protection. Many providers repair and replace covered systems and appliances regardless of age, make or model.
• Offer stress-free repairs. Home warranties refer homeowners to pre-screened contractors, sparing homeowners from having to find a competent contractor when they have a problem.
• Protect a homeowner’s emergency fund. Warranties can act as a buffer for those who have established an emergency fund or those who want to do so.
For home sellers, purchasing a warranty offers these additional benefits:
• Sets the home apart from others. Studies show that the vast majority of buyers prefer to buy a home that is covered by a warranty.
• Attract first-time buyers. Some first-time buyers can be intimidated by the costly nature of fixing or replacing systems and appliances. Having a warranty can help put their minds at ease.
• Avoid closing delays. A home warranty can minimize the chance that an appliance or system failure could postpone closing.
• Eliminate post-sale worries. If a breakdown happens after closing, the buyer can consult the warranty provider for repairs.
• Increase profit. Homes with warranties return a sales price that is 3 percent higher, on average.
Copyright© 2016 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com