For the respondents that would contemplate purchasing a haunted home, the following spooky occurrences would stop them from buying a home:
• 75 percent would be scared off by levitating objects from purchasing a home;
• 63 percent would be deterred by objects being moved from where they were placed;
• 63 percent would be dissuaded by ghost sightings;
• 61 percent would be discouraged by supernatural sensations;
• 61 percent would be scared off by flickering lights/appliances;
• 60 percent would pass on a home with strange noises (footsteps, doors slamming);
• 34 percent would be deterred by warm or cold spots.
Of “curse,” disclosure laws vary state by state, so if buyers have concerns with purchasing homes that might be considered haunted, the buyers must advise the agents representing them and should conduct their own investigation to determine whether they have a friendly ghost or a scary spook, as well as “who they’re gonna call… ”
Copyright© 2014 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com