By Katie Weismiller
Is 2014 the year you will become a paper-less agent? Or the year you will connect with more potential customers by hosting virtual open houses? If becoming a tech savvy agent is part of your 2014 selling strategy, we’ve compiled the top five technology resolutions you should set – and the apps to help you stick to them.
1.) Digitize your file cabinet and desktop clutter: Does your workspace support your on-the-go lifestyle? Eliminate your paper trail to keep you organized and streamline administrative processes. Apps to help you:
- Google Drive (Free, Android/IOS): Access and share all your Microsoft Office documents (Excel, Word, Power Point) via Google’s free cloud storage.
- Right Signature (Free, Android/IOS): Sign contracts and agreements with your fingertip directly from your phone – no paper and pen required!
- Genius Scan + ($4.99, Android/IOS): Turn any piece of paper into a JPEG or PDF file with this app’s photo upload feature.
2.) Upgrade your photography skills – and downsize your equipment: There’s no need to carry a bulky camera, to photograph your listings when you can take the same quality of photos on your mobile device. Apps to help you:
- Camera+ ($1.99, Android/IOS): This app’s digital zoom, ability to control the exposure, photo clarity and special effects result in professional quality photos.
- 360 Panorama ($0.99, Android/IOS): Highlight your listing’s spectacular backyard view and provide potential buyers with a 360 degree visual.
- Instasize (Free, Android/IOS): Tired of Instragram’s resize rules? Showcase your listings on Instagram in their actual size using this app.
- Pic Stitch (Free, Android/IOS): Show potential buyers the lifestyle your listings could offer by creating collages of the best neighborhood restaurants, shops, and scenery.
3.) Streamline your open house process: What if you could ditch the paper and pen sign-in sheets at your open house and still follow-up with visitors before they’ve pulled out of the driveway? Apps to help you:
- Open Home Pro ($14.99, iOS): This app takes the place of a sign-in sheet at open houses and will allow you to collect more qualified leads. You can also automate follow-up with homebuyers and send them property details while the open house is still in progress.
4.) Use technology to be creative with hosting open houses: Add a sense of exclusivity to your open houses, or appeal to out-of-town buyers. Apps to help you:
- Paperless Post (Free, iOS/Android): Give your open house an exclusive feel by sending invitations to potential buyers and brokers through Paperless Post’s e-vite app.
- Google Hangouts (Free, iOS/Android): Host a virtual open house for your out-of-state buyers using this free video conference app. You can also provide potential buyers with a virtual tour of the neighborhood.
5.) Make your listings interactive: Give potential buyers the opportunity to engage with your listings and the neighborhood prior to seeing the home. Apps to help you:
- Animoto (Free, iOS/Android): Turn your listing photos into a beautiful, pro-quality video with music and text.
- MagicPlan (Free, iOS): If your listing has a unique floor plan, use this app to showcase the layout with its 3D floor plan feature.
- Pinterest (Free, iOS/Android): Highlight the best spots in your neighborhood by taking advantage of the site’s map feature boards.
View this original post on the Homefinder.com blog.