By John Voket
• Approximately one-third of FSBO sellers took no action to market their home, and 64 percent did not offer any incentives to attract buyers.
• The typical FSBO home sold for $184,000 compared to$230,000 among agent-assisted home sales.
The NAR report also reveals these points about individuals queried about their home search process:
• For 42 percent of home buyers, the first step in the home-buying process was looking online for properties and 14 percent of home buyers first looked online for information about the home buying process.
• The use of the Internet in the home search rose slightly to 92 percent.
• Real estate agents were viewed as a useful information source by 87 percent of buyers who used an agent while searching for a home.
• The typical home buyer searched for 12 weeks and viewed 10 homes.
• For more than half of buyers finding the right home was the most difficult step in the home buying process.
• Approximately nine in 10 recent buyers were at least somewhat satisfied with the home buying process
Continue Reading 1 2
Copyright© 2014 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com