Realtor.com®, a leader in online real estate, operated by Move, Inc., has announced the launch of the realtor.com® rentals app for iOS and Android smartphones. According to the company, with this new tool, consumers can now search nearby rental apartments, homes, condos and townhomes on their mobile phone, with approximately 90 percent of rentals listings data updated every 15 minutes.
The realtor.com® rental app offers consumers a unique user experience through its photo-centric view. To efficiently present the information that many searchers consider most important—property photos—this differentiated view allows users to scroll through rich images directly from the search feed, thereby increasing navigation efficiency and presenting the most important information to consumers first. Users can also filter by listings they have viewed directly on the map or in a list, view and filter by properties they have contacted, as well as get notifications when new rentals fitting your specifications hit realtor.com. Using the app’s intuitive tools, renters can sort and filter results that best meet their individual needs, like parking, in-unit laundry, pet-friendly listings and more.
Over the last few years, realtor.com® has seen a surge in rental searches, resulting in a 56 percent increase in unique users looking for rentals on the realtor.com® website year-over-year. Consumers are also spending more time reviewing rental property pages on realtor.com® with a 47 percent year-over-year increase in rentals page views on the website.
“This increased demand for rentals listings, paired with the demonstrated success of realtor.com® in the mobile space, made launching the realtor.com® rentals application a natural next step,” said Scott Boecker, chief product officer at Move. “Realtor.com is focused on helping people love where they live—whether you’re buying, selling, or renting a home. The launch of our new rentals app for iOS and Android takes this commitment to the next level, conveniently delivering our rentals experience to users on their handheld devices.”
In addition to the powerful search tools that the app boasts, the realtor.com® rentals app delivers accurate and up-to-date rental listings. Realtor.com® leverages its unique, direct relationships with more than 800 Multiple Listing Services (MLSs) and thousands of apartment communities to aggregate fresh, accurate listings, empowering renters to search with confidence and efficiency. Approximately 90 percent of the realtor.com® rentals listings are updated every 15 minutes, and the listings feeds are vetted by the realtor.com® team of data quality specialists, to better ensure that the app delivers listings that users can trust.
With the realtor.com® rentals app, renters now have access to enhanced features, including:
– Photo-centric list view, which allows users to view all the images for a rental property right from the search results page
– Filter listings that have been viewed
– Quick access to properties that have been saved, updated or contacted
– Share listings via email or text message
– Draw a custom search enabling users to highlight an area right on the map
– Area scout, which populates new listings on the map as your geographic location changes
– Be notified when new rentals fitting your specifications hit the market and are posted to realtor.com® via push notifications
– View rentals in a list or on an interactive map that is automatically updated
– Sort properties by price, proximity, and recently updated
– Save searches and listings
– Add notes directly to listings
For more information or to download the realtor.com® rentals app for iOS and Android, visit http://www.realtor.com/rental-app.