- a great work ethic (they show up and work their plan),
- unwavering perseverance, and
- a positive, make-it-happen mindset.
1. Work Ethic
Requires diligence, hard work, and self-discipline. This means you have a definitive plan of action and you work it consistently.
Written Business Plan and Goals – All savvy business owners have a written business plan and clear, specific goals. Track your results, expenditures and return on investment. Know what’s working and what is not and make the appropriate adjustments and course corrections.
- Clearly defined, vibrant written goals in all areas of your Life (Spiritual, Business/Career, Family/Relationships, Financial, Personal)
- Measure your goals – you can’t improve what you don’t measure
- Create and use both personal & business budgets
Implement Effective Systems – Are you working on your business while also working in it? Most real estate agents are not running their business as a true business. They are simply the “technician” working with buyers and sellers toward a successful close of escrow and collecting a commission for services rendered.
- Be intentional & specific with your actions
- Do the ordinary tasks with such consistency it becomes extraordinary
- 30-60 days = Habit Change; One Year = Lifestyle Change
Create a daily activity plan and stick to it. Time block for best results. Know how many calls, face-to-face contacts, emails, mailers, contacts you must make before you call it a day. Challenge yourself with daily goals – don’t go home until you have at least one appointment for example.
…is continued and patient effort. Perseverance leads to maturity, which leads to confidence, which leads to results, which leads to a high self-esteem.
Commitment – People who persevere make no provision for anything but success.
Accountability – Get an accountability partner or hire a coach. Ask for help. Help each other. Form a mastermind or accountability group.
Great Salespeople Figure It Out! – There is always more than one solution to any challenge. Find a way to win-win.
3. Positive Mindset
This is a process not an event. Attitude is everything! It is estimated that as much as 90 percent of success in any sales related field can be attributed to attitude. As a matter of fact, it’s not unusual for attitude to be the only difference between the person who is successful and the person who is not. Your expectations can lead to success!
For more information, visit http://www.realtyonegroup.com.