RISMedia was founded in 1980 by CEO and Publisher John E. Featherston, as the residential real estate industry’s definitive source for news and information for real estate’s most profitable and productive professionals–and all those looking to gain a competitive edge.
Our products and services include:
- RISMedia’s Real Estate magazine, a monthly print and digital publication, current and archived issues
- Online news at rismedia.com including thousands of articles via searchable archive
- Daily e-News (newsletter) from rismedia.com, broadcasting the latest breaking industry news and information daily to over 250,000 subscribers
- The annual Power Broker Report & Survey, (print and digital) the industry’s most comprehensive report ranking the top 1,000+ brokerages in the United States, by transaction sides and sales volume
- Power Broker Report, (monthly e-Newsletter) a monthly business building and wealth management adviser for top brokers
- RISMedia’s Customized Content Solutions for Broker/Owners, Agents or MLSs
Content for your website, blog, newsletter, or available as a content and marketing platform for your agents, use as a recruiting tool or to differentiate your company to consumers.
Broker/Agent/MLS Content Platform Offers:
– Industry Engagement Tools
• Branded Daily e-News: Custom branded daily industry news and insights, automatically delivered to your agents up to 6x per week. Includes your logo, custom links, personal message and advertisements.
• Branded Monthly Social Media e-Newsletter: Custom branded monthly newsletter automatically delivered to your agents. Includes your logo, photo and custom links. Content focuses on social media topics, specifically on how to use social media in business to increase profits, plus tips, tricks and other best practices.
• Branded Monthly Digital Magazine: Custom branded digital version of RISMedia’s Real Estate Magazine automatically delivered to your agents via email.
– Consumer Engagement Tools for Brokers and Agents
The following assets are available at the brokerage/company level, or as an enterprise solution to provide personal access to all agents within your company:
• Content Library: Thousands of articles and hundreds of consumer-facing video tips to choose from. Easy to add to blog, newsletters and social media sites, including RSS feeds.
• Weekly Consumer Bulletins (Personalized Press Releases): Helpful, consumer-facing real estate information, automatically formatted as press release, including personalized information. Easy to download and send to local press or distribute to clients.
• Resource Center: A personally-branded pop-up information hub for your website containing consumer-facing news, videos, real estate Q&As and more
• Monthly “Home Matters” Consumer e-Newsletter: Send a beautifully designed and informative e-Newsletter to your consumers each month with helpful tips and insights into buying, selling and homeownership. Customized and branded with broker company contact information and personalized links.
• “Pop-a-Note” Drip Email Platform: Fun, light and unique way to keep in touch with clients and prospects using this easy drip email platform. Send notes on pop culture topics of interest, helpful real estate-related topics or both! Includes custom branding with photo, contact info and links, plus a customized News Hub with more consumer-facing real estate articles.
- Custom Broker or Agent Magazine Covers
- Timely white papers and other industry surveys and reports
- Custom magazine supplements
- Local Area Home Buyers Guidebooks
- Professionals and services listings
- RIS Consulting Group
Our events include:
- RISMedia’s Power Broker Forum & Reception at the NAR REALTOR Party Convention & Trade Expo
- RISMedia’s Power Broker Forum, Reception & Dinner at NAR Annual
- RISMedia’s CEO Exchange
RISMedia Mission Statement
RISMedia is committed to being the leading media company in the residential real estate and home services industries by providing the most comprehensive coverage of the trade and by leveraging our immersion in the business to brand, position and build quality and profitable relationships with our clients.
RISMedia Guiding Principles
Partnership – We are a team and will work together as a team, not separately as individuals.
Together we will create effective strategies to best compete in the real estate marketplace, providing the best possible results for both our clients and our team.
Belief in Winning – Our passion will be for doing our best, winning wherever possible while staying true to our team values. The team will not approach any task with the goal of partial success, staying even, or just getting better; our goal is to be the best we can be and win.
Customer Focus – Our customers deserve the best from our team. The team must do our best to help our customers meet their branding and marketing goals and objectives. Our customers will help shape the products and services our team offers and assist us in how to best distribute them. Our customers must have complete trust in our team, and the team members must trust each other.
Individual Responsibility – Each team member is charged with several responsibilities and each team member contributes to the team’s overall success. Each team member will have an unfailing willingness to take personal responsibility. Each team member will seek to use his or her unique skill sets to do his or her job with excellence.
Consistency – The team will consistently achieve high-quality results time after time. In that way, the team will establish a reputation of reliability and dependability with our customers and each other.
Accountability – Each team member is responsible for what the company accomplishes as a whole and/or what it fails to do. Team members will not blame each other, the organization or the competition. Each team member will have an unwavering focus on results, rather than amassing personal credit.
Ethical Behavior – Our team is committed to behaving ethically. What people see must be congruent with what team members say and do. Each team member must be open and direct in our thoughts, words and actions.
RISMedia Core Values
Worthy of Trust – From our founding in 1980 to our present-day position in the market, our customers’ best interest has always been our primary concern.
Customer Focused – Creating totally satisfied customers is the best way to secure new customers. We accomplish both by using our immersion in the industry to create quality and profitable relationships for our clients, and by becoming an invaluable extension of our customers’ marketing and sales efforts.
Leading Edge – We are dedicated to providing the most comprehensive coverage of the residential real estate industry through a multimedia experience.
Respect for Each Other – Our professional environment promotes a balanced life, innovation and attention to customer goals and collaboration, to create an organization that consistently exceeds our customers’ expectations.
Winning – Our organization strives to ensure that each team member succeeds in meeting or exceeding the highest standards for service quality, productivity and profitability.